As a graphic designer, you will need to listen to clients and understand their needs before making design decisions.
You will work on a variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications, and corporate identity, i.e. giving organizations a visual ‘brand’. You will develop creative ideas and concepts. You need to know the appropriate media and style to meet the client’s objectives. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software, and a professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines.
• Creating compelling and effective logos, designs, print, and digital media.
• Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design.
• Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
• Maintaining awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape, and market trends.
• Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
• Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
You should be able to use:
• Adobe Illustrator
• Corel Draw
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Dreamweaver
3 years and above.
A minimum of diploma in Graphic Designing